Tuesday, November 26, 2013
To continue fulfilling my promises, here's another new thing that I came up with: Favourites of the month! So, in the end of every month you'll get a glimpse of what I've been wearing during the past 30 days and I'll shed some light on why I have chosen those exact items to be my favourites of the month. I'm using this great thing called Polyvore to create these collages, just so you know. It's quite handy app (yes, you can use it on your phone too) and there's plenty of products from different brands in there, but unfortunately I have so hipsterious wardrobe that only couple of things in the picture are the very same that I was looking for. The rest are close enough, though.
1. Wine red scarf, which I bought from Glitter, has been part of my accessories for everyday since I got it. I guess it's due the color; I just love wine red right now.
2. This coat is supposed to portray a coat that I found from a second-hand store. It was fairly good find since it cost only 7€. The picture's coat isn't as laid-back as mine but the color is quite same, so it does the work.
3. Almost alway when I buy a new bag, I kind of throw the old bags to the darkest corner of my closet. This happened again, when I bought this blag bag with the metal corners from H&M last month. I love it because it goes with everything and makes a lousy outfit look so much better.
4. I lost my MicMac beanie during a wild night so I had to buy new one and I end up with this gray cutie from H&M. It has the same effect as the bag but it does not only save a bad outfit but also a bad hair, which is priceless for me during the humid autumn months.
5. November has been one of a sweater weather, so it's not surprising that a warm sweater is on my favourite list. I picked the navy blue one because the color pleases my eye the most.
6. Here's another awesome discovery from the second-hand store: Almost unused Converses in the price of six euros! They even were exactly my size and all! I have wanted to buy new Converses for a long, long time but never had the money. I feel so lucky!
7. Here's some makeup favourites: I have had lots of acting rehearsals lately and I don't want my makeup to be too heavy while practicing so I have used only mascara during them. However, I have invested in it quite a lot and I finally bought lash curler so (even though I say so myself) I look pretty good only with mascara on. Due to the rehearsals (and laziness) I have kept my makeup rather natural on my spare time too. I have used lots of different brown eyeshadows and some lip gloss but not too much of anything else. However, everytime when I have gone to anyplace where people can actually see me, I have added some red lipstick to not to look like a hobo. On nails I have prefered to use nude polish with some glitter on it.
8. I bought new glasses about a month ago and they were finally large enough to wear. I've been wanting big, hipsterious (gosh, I love that word) and nerdy glasses for ages and now that I have them I use them often than I should, since people don't seem to recognize me without them anymore.
9. The same thing goes with jewelry as with makeup; I haven't wore many. But when I have had, they all have been golden. And most of them have been different shaped rings.
Wednesday, November 20, 2013
Like I promised, here comes one of the new sections/categories whatsoever: Girl Crush! I hope most of you are familiar with the consept so there won't be too many misunderstandings but just to make it clear; this section basically includes photographs of female celebrities that have inspired me in different ways (style,work,life). I would like to share that inspiration with you.
Keira Knightley is perfect starter seeing that she is gorgeous in every way. She has been my heroine (in every sense of the word) ever since I was nine by causing my crave for acting. In my nine year old eyes her performance in Pirates of the Caribbean was something so incredible that I would have done anything to be just like her. This impulse is the main reason why I adore her, because I probably wouldn't be even writing this blog if it wasn't for the desire of arts that acting subsequently woke in me.
Another reason is that I'm fascinated by old times and so does she at least by taking into account the roles she had played. She is so beautiful in those old time hairstyles and dresses, especially in that green gown in Atonement, breathtaking. Furthermore, since I love old times, I love Chanel. You can only imagine how excited I was when she became Chanel Girl and filmed that beautiful short film with the brand. The most amazing thing in it was of course her vintage bob hairstyle that was as Chanel as anything can be. It was perfect for Keira and I really hope that my hair could look that great someday.
Keira's personal style is quite plain but the way she is styled in the most of her photoshoots is incredible. Like in these photos that I picked, she is amazing, so inspiring. I personally get so strong feelings from the GQ photos (second & fifth pic) that I consider them to be some of my favourite photographs ever.
Now, be inspired.
Wednesday, November 13, 2013
Started from the bottom now we're.... Well, still in the bottom.
So you may have already guessed what day today is but just to make sure: My baby blog turned one year old today! Yipee!
To celebrate this earthshaking event I redesigned the whole blog outfit, or atleast most of it. Even though I worked for hours for it, I'm not quite pleased with it so I still might change something, just so you know. I was also supposed to create couple new categories but now I just give you heads up that there's more to come, since I'm running out of time. I would be delighted to hear what you think of the new look, so don't be afraid to comment!
Now, I'll go to celebrate (crazy dancing and stuff...) so goodbye, my dear friends.
Ps. I almost forgot the most important part: thank you people for putting up with me for this long, I really appreciate it!