Friday, January 31, 2014

Girl Crush: Rihanna



Now, I'm not sure when Rihanna became one of my role models, was it when people started say that I'm kind of her lookalike or when she kept going despite the hard times in here life. However, she still inspires me everyday.

I don't quite buy the lookalike thing since she's such a beauty queen and I'm totally something else... Ok, we may have the same kind of nose and sometimes our hairstyles match, I'll give you that. I think, her hair is exactly the thing that makes her so special in my eyes. I love it how she changes it like other people change clothes. I just wish I had the money and the creativity to do the same. My own favorite is the red waved hair of hers, it's just so wild and fabulous. Maybe one day, when people don't connect it to Rihanna anymore, I'll be brave enough to try it out. 

Another thing I like about Rihanna is her way of dressing. It's kind of boyish with all those snapbacks and sweaters but still as feminine as it gets. She makes every outfit so glamorous by adding some dashing golden jewelry to the ensemble. Further, not to be too boyish even by accident, she can be seen in quite revealing outfits from time to time which makes her style even more variable and unique in a way.

I also think highly of her musical career, even though I don't really listen to that kind of music anymore. But there was a time when I was somewhat her fan, so I still find her songs pretty danceable and they can definitely bring a lame party to the top. My favorite song of hers is "We Found Love", I especially like its music video because it inspires me more than anything. It's so yoloing and hipster, and it makes me feel so alive every time I watch it. And those starting words. I just love them so much that they make me shiver!

Here are my favorite pics of her, hopefully they'll inspire you.

 


"It's like you're screaming, and no one can hear
You almost feel ashamed
That someone could be that important
That without them, you feel like nothing
No one will ever understand how much it hurts
You feel hopeless; like nothing can save you
And when it's over, and it's gone
You almost wish that you could have all that bad stuff back
So that you could have the good"



Senna Vodzogbe                                                                             photos: weheartit.com       


2 comments :

  1. lovely blog :-)
    please check out my blog & follow if you like :-)

    rosinadiaries.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete